Saturday, February 26, 2011

Here We Go!

With much intrepidation, I set off on the task of blogging about my gardening experience this 2011 season.

Many friends ask me when to plant certain vegetables and how I prune vines.  This blog is an opportunity to "peek" into my backyard to read about what I've been doing.  I do not consider myself a gardening expert.  Nor do I claim to know all the best techniques for backyard gardening.  I am simply a busy Mom who has gardened for years who hopes to help friends & family keep on-pace with the growing season. 

I have read Sunset Gardening Magazines, Square Foot Gardening Methods, Western Garden books and a many more books through my gardening journey.  Sometimes I laugh-out-loud at the time requirements or space needed for projects in magazines.  Other times, I take a few notes and try out ideas. 

This blog is a compilation of years of trial and error.  I will post the good, the bad and the ugly that occurs in my garden this season. I like to think of every new season as an opportunity to experiment a little and learn something new.

I live in Clovis, CA where temperatures can soar up to 110 degrees! My planting methods reflect the hot climate where I live.

I have very little time, few resources and a small yard.  If I can do this...anyone can!

If you have always wanted to grow a simple garden, but are unsure when to plant, where to plant, or how do to it, keep pace with me as I write about all the "happenings" in my backyard!

Happy reading and let's get dirty!

3 comments:

  1. love the blog! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool! And professional looking! ;)Looking forward to watching your garden grow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, Melanie passed on your blog to me. I am very excited about it. I look forward to reading and getting inspiration from it! YAY!! :D

    ReplyDelete